Institutional and carefully selected individual clients
JB Investment Management was founded in 2008 to deliver state-of-the-art fixed income management strategies. We offer five distinct investment products:
- Core Investment-Grade: Limited, Intermediate, and Broad Market Durations
- Treasury Inflation-Protected (TIPS): Indexed “Real Return” Strategies
- Tax-Advantaged: Municipal Bond Portfolio Strategies
- Liability-Driven: Immunization, Dedication, and Customized Strategies
- Equity – a passive, index-based strategy employing the use of Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs)
We manage portfolios for institutional and carefully selected individuals. Our clients include:
- Corporate (62.0% of AUM as of 3/31/18)
- Taft-Hartley (6.5%)
- Charitable (7.9%)
- High Net Worth (23.3%)
- Other Individual (0.3%)
Fixed Income Overview
Our research Process is quantitatively-driven, with an active portfolio management process. We believe that fixed income investments should provide meaningful, consistent returns to investors, and that their inherently conservative nature means that a bond portfolio should generate its returns within a largely fixed range of possible outcomes, and in compliance with the client’s particular investment objective.
JB Investment Management manages fixed income portfolios to function as a source of portfolio stability and, where appropriate, risk management. The objective of the investment management team is two-fold:
Create customized portfolios for each client, based upon their investment objectives and criteria (with the unique needs of each client strongly influencing duration, security, sector allocation, and quality, in each separate account portfolio).
As a result, JBIM’s customized approach offers investors the opportunity to maximize their risk-adjusted investment returns over the long-term while staying true to their investment criteria.
For more on our Fixed Income strategies, follow this link.
Contrary to the actively-managed nature of the fixed income strategies, JBIM’s Equity portfolio follows a passive, index-based strategy. Our investment vehicle of choice is the exchange traded fund, or ETF.
Our rationale is that because the majority of the equity markets are highly efficient, alpha (or, excess returns) is extremely difficult to achieve. As such, there is little to be gained by trying to outsmart the market, especially when the same information is easily accessible by all investors.
In our view, an index-based, passive strategy that seeks market beta (or, market return) can be an appropriate one for most investors.
- SEC Registered Investment Advisor under the Investment Advisors Act of 1940
- Independent, employee-owned asset management business with no conflicts of interest
- Entrepreneurial business environment – consult and solve client investment-related issues
- Established team of seasoned investment professionals
- Nationally recognized expertise in investment-grade fixed income portfolio management strategies
- When desired, combine fixed income expertise with an Index-based approach to equity management
- Manager of separate accounts and customized portfolios
13890 Bishops Drive,
Brookfield, WI 53005
United States of America
“Investing is the intersection of economics and psychology.”
- Seth Klarman